Sunday, October 25, 2009

Making Strides


Last Sunday, my friends and family loaded up two cars and headed to The Woodbury Commons for the American Cancer Society's annual "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk. Designed to raise money for BC research, I first did the walk with my son when he was only 6. Ten years have passed (we've walked every one since) and I'm still amazed at all the people who walk the three miles in memory or in honor of someone who has been affected by the disease. Too many "in memory of..." signs for certain. It's past time for a cure, folks...

But, despite the cold rain, we walked along with thousands of others. Hope Courtney, Audrey, Vickie, Rena, Malcolm, Corey and I are all able to do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Week Of...

Lots of religious days of importance are happening this week - including the start of Holy Week for Christians coinciding with Jewish Passo...