Friday, December 31, 2010

Lifted from my New Blog...

It's been a crappy week. I started a new blog to help make myself feel better. Here is the entry I just posted there:

My grandmother passed away this morning. She was 90, suffering from dementia and her health had declined rapidly in the last few months. She lived in a nursing home in the Bronx and when I got the call, I wrestled with whether or not I could possibly make it down to the nursing home and back before the craziness that is rush hour in New York City on New Year's Eve hit. After meeting with the funeral director, it won't happen and I feel incredibly guilty about it. Then I found this which made me feel a little better:

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
~ Carl Bard

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Week Of...

Lots of religious days of importance are happening this week - including the start of Holy Week for Christians coinciding with Jewish Passo...